People never get a second chance to make a first impression. Your success or failure in getting the job is determined with the first few minutes of the interview and so it is important for you to create a positive first impression.
- The way you dress up reflects your personality. You should be comfortable in the attire you have chosen. Choose to wear formal dress and if you are comfortable with tie, please go with it.
- Carry two good copies of your updated resume, and carry the same in your pen drive also. Remember the photo copies of relevant certificates and two passport size photographs.
- Carry minimum accessories with you. A decent folder serves the purpose.
- Talk precisely and to the point with confidence. Be courteous.
- Speak good about your past employers.
- Research the current industrial trends, company and the job profile in detail, before your interview. Read and study carefully, organisation brochures and annual reports.
- Browse Organization Web site
- Find out company's future plans through Chamber of Commerce
- Arrive 15 minutes early at the venue
- Be sure to give a firm handshake, smile, maintain eye contact and have positive body language